The legal act provided for the establishment of a technical university with the following 4 faculties: chemical, mechanical and electrical engineering, civil engineering, and metallurgy and mining. In 2006 and 2007 consecutively, it was announced the best technical university in Poland in the oldest Polish ranking of higher education schools carried out by Wprost magazine and 2nd best in 2013. Wrocław University of Science and Technology was established in 1945, mainly as a result of the involvement of the academic staff of the now-defunct Technical University of Lviv and the Jan Kazimierz University in Lviv, who adapted the destroyed buildings of the German School of Technology - Technische Hochschule. Often regarded as one of the best technical and engineering universities within Poland and globally, it educates over 32,000 students in 50 bachelor's, master's, and PhD programmes. In the academic year 1989/1990, there were 7,459 students at Wrocław University of Science and Technology. From this moment, the polytechnic developed quickly and underwent numerous organisational changes. Rectors and vice-rectors, as well as deans and directors of the departments are elected by the staff for five-year terms and may be re-elected once. The Polish Wrocław University of Technology was founded 24 August 1945. The Polish Wrocław University of Technology was founded 24 August 1945. It operates three regional branches in Jelenia Góra, Legnica, and Wałbrzych. You can change at any time. Wrocław University of Science and Technology. This function was assumed by Professor Cezary Madryas. Wrocław University of Science and Technology began life as the Technische Hochschule Breslau in 1910, founded by German scientists and engineers, with the support of Emperor Wilhelm II of the German Empire. In 1996, the election of Rector was won by Professor Andrzej Mulak (1996–2002), whose term of office saw the establishment of new organisational units: the Department of Humanities (1999 - renamed the College of Humanities and Social Sciences in 2013) and - as the twelfth one - the Faculty of Microsystem Electronics and Photonics (2002). In 1877, Emperor Franz Joseph I established in Lviv the Imperial-Polytechnical School with Polish as the language of instruction. It ranked 2nd among the best technical universities in Information Technology and 1st in the Most Innovative Universities by 2012 Computerworld Magazine USA. The university ranked 1st in the modern technologies group (disciplines: computer science, electronics, materials science) of the Where to study? 512 students started their degree programmes then. Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego 27, 50-370 Wrocław, PolandContact » Sitemap ». Wrocław University of Science and Technology was established in 1945, mainly thanks to the involvement of the academic staff of the now non-defunct Technical University of Lviv and the Jan Kazimierz University in Lviv, who adapted the destroyed buildings of the German School of Technology - Technische Hochschule. In the academic year 1951/1952, the university’s structure was expanded with the Faculty of Chemistry and the Faculty of Sanitary Engineering. With buildings and infrastructures dispersed throughout the city, its main facilities are gathered at a central location near Plac Grunwaldzki, alongside the Oder river. 1. In the same year, the university became a 5-faculty institute, comprising the Faculty of Architecture, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, the Faculty of Aviation (which operated until 1954), and the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering. During the period of martial law, the Rector’s functions at Wrocław University of Science and Technology were performed by Professor Jerzy Schroeder (January-August of 1982) and Professor Wacław Kasprzak (1982-1984). 2. We recommend upgrading or switching to another browser. It also ranked in the top 1% overall in EECA Rankings. Development of the University is confirmed by research potential, didactics at the highest level, innovation and also cooperation with industry. Wrocław University of Science and Technology is managed by a rector and five vice-rectors: for research, education, students' affairs, general affairs and development. Huffington Post UK named Wrocław University of Science and Technology in the top 15 of the World’s Most Beautiful Universities Rankings. The university is one of the founder of the International University of Logistics and Transport in Wrocław, with the city of Wrocław and the French university École supérieure internationale de commerce in Metz.. October 1956 saw the university’s first elections for the post of Rector, won by Professor Dionizy Smoleński. ), École nationale supérieure de l'aéronautique et de l'espace, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Moscow State Institute of Radio Engineering, Electronics and Automation, Faculty of Engineering (LTH), Lund University, European Society for Engineering Education, European Federation of National Engineering Associations, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Natural Sciences and Humanities in Siedlce, Environmental and Life Sciences in Wrocław, Technology and Life Sciences in Bydgoszcz, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wrocław_University_of_Science_and_Technology&oldid=978579007, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Buildings and structures completed in 1911, Educational institutions established in 1945, Pages using infobox university with the affiliations parameter, Wikipedia articles with SUDOC identifiers, Wikipedia articles with WORLDCATID identifiers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Königliche Technische Hochschule Breslau (1910–1918), Mechanical Engineering and Machine Building, Bogusław Kędzia (1 XII 1980–31 VIII 1981), ASI – University Computer Science Association, Neisse University: 2001, in cooperation with the, Power Engineering Graduate Program – Double master's degree with, Joint Master-Program "Information Technology] with, Wroclaw Centre for Networking and Supercomputing: Networking and Supercomputing services for local universities, Wroclaw Centre for Technology Transfer: to increase the efficiency and the competitiveness of industry through innovation, Lower Silesia Centre for Advanced Technology: promotion of clean technologies, hydrogen and fuel cells, food safety. National Digital Archive, Monumental buildings of the Wrocław University of Technology at pl. This is a question to which scientists are already seeking answers. The scope of subjects in the oral examination covers four basic areas of the curriculum: theory of architecture, theory of urban planning, technology and the history of architectureand urban planning. In 1946, the university managed to launch the Faculty of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, the Faculty of Civil Engineering with the Division of Architecture, and temporarily (1946-1947), the Faculty of Technical Chemistry. In independent Poland, the university initially operated as a Polytechnical School, and from 1921 as the Technical University of Lviv. The first rector of the newly established Wrocław University of Technology was Dionizy Smoleński. The graduate has extended knowledge of mathematics, natural sciences and technical skills: professional solving of problems in the field of chemical engineering, conduct advanced research experiments, propose and optimize new solutions and independently analyse problems related to chemical and process engineering. ranking. Students are self-governed and have an active students union and range of student societies where students have the opportunity to develop their scientific and creative passions, from the Academic Motors Club to the University Sport Association. In 1951 the university was divided into two institutions. The university rates high in the annual rankings of Polish universities. Development of WUST is confirmed by research potential, didactics at the highest level, creating innovation, transferring knowledge and also cooperation with business and local government. Under this formula, it operated until 1951. WUST offers Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes taught fully in English or in Polish at 13 faculties and 3 branches. The buildings of the School of Technology which had not been destroyed during the fights for Wrocław (February - May 1945) were taken over by a unit of the Red Army on May 6, 1945. The education offered by the university is strongly linkedwith scientific research and the needs of the economy and is consistent withstandards of the European Higher Education … The university is one of the founder of the International University of Logistics and Transport in Wrocław, with the city of Wrocław and the French university École supérieure internationale de commerce in Metz.. A group of 27 professors, originating from the University and Technical University of Lwów, arrived in Wrocław and started the Polish academic society in the destroyed or severely damaged buildings of the Technische Hochschule Breslau. We have detected that you are using an outdated browser. 3. Wrocław University of Science and Technology Faculty of Architectureul. the “Geocentrum” complex in Na Grobli Street (L-1, 2012) or the premises of the “Technopolis” Education and Technology Centre (C-16 in Janiszewskiego Street and M-11 in Długa Street), built in the period 2012-2014, as well as the “Bibliotech” building, completed in 2014 in Grunwaldzki Square (D-21). Our service may not work properly for you. The university offers education in 13 faculties: 12195 publications in journals on the ISI Master Journal List. Wrocław University of Science and Technology was established in 1945, mainly thanks to the involvement of the academic staff of the now non-defunct Technical University of Lviv and the Jan Kazimierz University in Lviv, who adapted the destroyed buildings of the German School of Technology - Technische Hochschule. Museum of the Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Academic High School of Wrocław University of Science and Technology (C-13), photo: K. Mazur. In 1966, the Faculty of Communications was transformed into the Faculty of Electronics, and its laboratories were relocated to facilities built between 1964 and 1971 in Janiszewskiego Street. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com. The university rates high in the annual rankings of Polish universities. , Coordinates: 51°06′31.72″N 17°03′35.53″E / 51.1088111°N 17.0598694°E / 51.1088111; 17.0598694, Faculty of Geoengineering, Mining and Geology, Faculty of Computer Science and Management, Faculty of Mechanical and Power Engineering, Faculty of Fundamental Problems of Technology, Faculty of Microsystem Electronics and Photonics, International University of Logistics and Transport in Wrocław, École supérieure internationale de commerce, University of Applied Sciences Zittau/Goerlitz, Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences, "Internetowy Monitor Sądowy i Gospodarczy", "General information - Wrocław University of Science and Technology", "InĹźynieria Ĺ›rodowiska - Ranking SzkĂłĹ‚ WyĹźszych PERSPEKTYWY 2015", Official site International University of Logistics and Transport in Wrocław, "Careers Office at Wrocław University of Technology as a Learning Organization", Wrocław University of Science and Technology home page (english version), SSETI Programme at the Wroclaw University of Technology, Top International Managers in Engineering (T.I.M.E. In 1902, after almost half a century of industrial milieus’ efforts, the German Emperor Wilhelm II agreed to establish the Royal School of Technology in Wrocław (Königliche Technische Hochschule Breslau). Find 7853 researchers and browse 179 departments, publications, full-texts, contact details and general information related to Wroclaw University of Science and Technology | Wrocław, Poland | WUT Since then that day has been celebrated as Wrocław Science Day. The university’s buildings and infrastructures are spread throughout the city, with its main campus facilities near Plac Grunwaldzki, alongside the Oder river. In the same year, with the commissioning of the building of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and the Faculty of Computer Science and Management in Łukasiewicza Street (B-4), a good streak of development projects began at the university.